• Support the maintenance and continuous operation of all building systems including mechanical (HVAC, plumbing, controls) electrical (lighting, generators), critical environments, (compressors, boilers, vacuum / gasses systems) light construction (painting, doors, locks), Utilize staff and contracting with outside vendors as necessary.
• This position has a high percentage of “wrench” time and focuses on general maintenance, repair and inspections of equipment associated with the facility. The individual in this role must be available for call-in work and to perform other duties as required.
• Support supervision of engineers and maintenance staff
• Has knowledge of all building systems and how they function
• Comprehensive knowledge of maintenance processes.
• Understands aspects of work planning and execution.
• Identify safety hazards within the building and incorporate the remediation of such hazards to ensure that the building’s staff and occupants work in a safe environment. Implement, administer, and manage safety training program.
• Support leadership in driving Reliability Centered Maintenance best practices
• Providing customer interface and support
• Partner in planning/scheduling optimization
• Assure Document Management quality
• Ensure that compliance of all regulatory laws and guidelines are met as they relate to the operation of the building’s infrastructure. Responsible for alerting management of building discrepancies.
• Support projects performed at the building are properly planned, executed, and closed out.
• Responsible for overseeing the activities of contractors working within the building either as representatives of the building itself or tenants operating within the buildings.
• Responsible for keeping records of buildings rounds and readings, all engineering logs and engineering data sheets.
• Support training and notification to all contractors so that they are informed and knowledgeable with respects to the building’s critical functions and the work they are to perform, including an incident contact response list.
• Ensure that the safe work practices is a well-understood process among the building staff, engineers, tenants and contractor
• Assist in managing contracted Maintenance Staff and Vendors
• Performs additional job duties as requested.
Facilities maintenance, Preventive maintenance, Hvac, Troubleshooting, Plumbing, Electrical, Mechanical, Maintenance technician, Building maintenance, Boiler
Top Skills Details:
Facilities maintenance,Preventive maintenance,Hvac,Troubleshooting
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• Associate Degree in and engineering discipline or equivalent work experience
• 5+ years facility related work experience, including customer service, leadership and supervisory experience
• Demonstrated technical expertise in facility related systems
• Preferred Operating Engineers license (SMA) or equivalent and minimum 3rd Engineer boiler certification. (State of MA)
• Preferred Certification as a Universal Technician for CFC’s (or within 90 days of employment)
• Working knowledge of computer applications including Microsoft Office and CMMS systems
• Demonstrated verbal/written communication skills
• Proven record of excellent internal and external customer service
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.