SQL Server DBA
Lionbridge Boston, Massachusetts
sql sql server server dba sql database sql server server analyst team performance tuning databases cloud
March 15, 2023
Employment Type: Regular FT Salaried
Work Location: Waltham, Massachusetts
Position Title: SQL Server DBA
Requisition ID#: 50270
SQL Server Database Analyst
We are seeking a SQL Server Database Analyst to join our international team, full of creativity and idea-driven atmosphere! As a SQL Server Database Analyst, you will manage Lionbridge MS SQL enterprise clusters. This includes designing new solutions, performance tuning, maintenance of existing solutions and maintaining maximum availability.
Technology does not stand still and neither do we. Thats where you jump in!
What You Will Do:
- Manage and maintain all Production, Staging, and Development Databases in Virtual and Cloud environments
- Collaborate with the infrastructure team to ensure performance and optimization of MS SQL Server environments
- Apply MS SQL patches and upgrades on a regular basis and upgrading administrative tools and utilities
- Plan, design, provision and configurate database systems to meet business needs and requests
- Investigate, troubleshoot, and provide mentoring for escalated issues
- Respond to outages immediately, coordinate and communicate with impacted users or entities until resolution
- Microsoft SSRS and SSIS Administration
- Perform ongoing database performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required
- Maintain security of Microsoft SQL Databases in line with company security policies
- Develop project plans, and successfully work with a team to execute to execute database solutions for various projects and operational needs
- Administration, capacity planning, engineering/design, system monitoring, and performance optimization
- Maintain database documentation for operational, configuration, or other procedural purposes
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for database systems
- Identify the impact of database designs on existing and future systems
- Support existing enterprise solutions as a 3rd level support engineer
- 3+ years of experience as a SQL DBA or similar
- Experience supporting SQL Server 2008 - SQL Server 2019 versions
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server and its features, including all MS supported versions
- Excellent problem-solving skills and proficiency in query languages and performance tuning
- The ability to document database designs, processes, data flow diagrams and data conversion specifications
- Experience with Always On Multi Subnet environments for HA DR (SQL Server 2016 and newer)
- Experience with large transactional databases that are 24x7
- Strong knowledge of T-SQL
- Strong communication skills and the ability to plan workload, organizational time and deliver on commitments
- Any knowledge of PowerShell or Azure SQL Platform would be a plus
- The opportunity to work with world-leading companies, opening the door to limitless opportunities.
- Working with a Forbes-listed World-Leader in "Best Remote employer", "Top employer of Women" and "Top employer for Diversity".
Lionbridge enables more than 800 world-leading brands to increase international market share, speed adoption of products and effectively engage their customers in local markets worldwide. Using our innovative cloud technology platforms and our global crowd of more than 100,000 professional cloud workers, we provide translation, digital marketing, global content management and application testing solutions that ensure global brand consistency, local relevancy and technical usability across all touch points of the customer lifecycle. Based in Waltham, MA, Lionbridge maintains solution centers in 28 countries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Breaking Barriers. Building Bridges.
Report this job