Support Specialist - Remote
As part of the Product Support Team, the Support Specialist will deliver customer-focused technical support for products via phone, email and chat. The Support Specialist works in an environment of continuous improvement to capture and resolve tier 1 customer issues, questions, and suggestions. They will empower our customers to maximize the use of our products through education and awareness.
- This is an entry-level Technical Support role.
- This position is fully remote and US-based.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: (these tasks include but are not limited to)
- To provide Tier 1 technical support and solutions to customers via phone calls, emails, and possibly live chat
- To educate customers on website tools and resources
- To document all customer contact information, customer requests, and support issues in ticketing system
- To demonstrate empathy, patience and responsible judgement with every customer to ensure the best and most appropriate outcome based on each situation
- To work as a team to deliver exceptional Customer Experiences in each support interaction
- To develop strong relationships with customers and create Jabra brand awareness
- To determine the effectiveness of an approach and make appropriate adjustments to achieve maximum results
- To make independent, customer-focused decisions over time while on a call for an efficient Customer Experience
- To test and evaluate new products prior to release
- To be open to changes and new approaches required by the company
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Associates or Bachelors Degree preferred, or a combination of some college and relevant experience
- Minimum 2 years proven customer service experience, ideally in the telecom, high-tech or consumer electronics industries
- Experience supporting B2C & B2B customers within a high contact support center
- Experience with softphone, cellphones, apps, and Bluetooth technology preferred
- Experienced and effective in conflict resolution and relationship management
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent communication skills - both verbal and written
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Strong customer focus and ability to deliver phenomenal Jabra customer experiences
- Ability to work with diverse customer types
- Proven ability to communicate complex technical problems in a human tone and customer friendly language
- Strong interpersonal skills required to function both in a team environment and to build relationships with our valued customers
- Desire to continually learn, adapt and work in a fun, fast-paced environment
- Independent decision-making: resourceful; good problem solving; ability to think fast while on a call with a customer; ability to balance the immediate need with the long-term picture.
Equal Opportunity Employer
GN Audio/Jabra makes life sound better by developing intelligent sound solutions that transform lives through the power of sound, enabling you to hear more, do more & be more than you ever thought possible. Our integrated headset and communications solutions assist professionals in all types of businesses in being more productive. Our wireless headsets and earbuds are designed to fit any lifestyle - from sports enthusiasts to commuters and office workers. Jabra is part of the GN group, which operates in more than 90 countries across the world. Founded in 1869, GN group today has more than 6,000 employees. GN Audio an EEO Employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, veteran status, military service, sexual orientation, genetic information, or gender identity.
View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
View the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
GN Audio / Jabra participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify poster here. View the Right to Work poster here.
If you have a disability and you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please e-mail [email protected] or call 978-606-2210. This email and phone number is created exclusively to assist disabled job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or technical issues not related to a disability, will not receive a response.