Front End Developer II - Remote
Would you like to work on an Open Source web application?
Join our Compute Team!
As a Front-End Developer II at Akamai, you will work on our single page app used by developers around the world. This interface is used to manage hundreds of thousands of Linodes running on our global datacenter network. The application is on cloud.linode.com and is an Open Source project hosted on Github at https://github.com/linode/manager.
Partner with the best
In this role, you'll work in an environment that nurtures innovative solutions, rapid development cycles, and open communication. We're a closely-knit team with a focus on agile development and innovative solutions. We encourage and reward curiosity, ingenuity, and technical excellence.
As a Front-End Developer II, you will be responsible for:
- Developing the display layer logic and maintaining the component library of our application.
- Ensuring that Akamai's front-end applications are performant, accessible, and responsive.
- Working with UX designers to implement engaging user experiences for thousands of users.
- Improving application performance, features, and reliability
Do what you love
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have 2 years of relevant experience and a Bachelors degree in Computer Science or its equivalent.
- Have experience developing large-scale applications, working cross functionally with Design and/or non-technical teams
- Familiarity with various approaches to styling (CSS Modules, CSS-in-JS, Sass, etc.) and UI Frameworks like Material UI
- Have experience with accessibility standards and tooling (Axe, Lighthouse, and Cypress
- Be able to showcase your experience with modern CSS design patterns.
- Possess educated views on technology and software design.
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best can vary for each person.
This is a flexible role and may be performed at your home and/or the local Akamai office (in the country advertised). We are happy to discuss working options in this role and encourage you to speak with your recruiter in more detail when you apply.
Working with us
At Akamai, were curious, innovative, collaborative and tenacious. We celebrate diversity of thought and we hold an unwavering belief that we can make a meaningful difference. Our teams use their global perspectives to put customers at the forefront of everything they do, so if you are people-centric, you'll thrive here.
Working for you
At Akamai, we will provide you with opportunities to grow, flourish, and achieve great things. Our benefit options are designed to meet your individual needs for today and in the future. We provide benefits surrounding all aspects of your life:
- Your health
- Your finances
- Your family
- Your time at work
- Your time pursuing other endeavors
Our benefit plan options are designed to meet your individual needs and budget, both today and in the future.
Innovating on a global scale, we deliver our customers a fast, smart and secure intelligent edge platform. Working against a backdrop of digital collaboration, our highly skilled teams build progressive solutions that have the scope to transform entertainment, business, and life in ways that we have yet to imagine.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire you!
Akamai Technologies is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength that diversity brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race/ethnicity, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status.
Akamai is committed to complying with COVID-19 requirements in the countries where it operates. For locations or roles subject to vaccination mandates, we require proof of vaccination or an approved exemption, if permitted, as a condition of employment. We will provide additional details regarding our vaccine record submission and exemption request protocols during the hiring and onboarding process.